Thursday, October 29, 2015

Just Write

Sometimes when I want to get inspiration to write, I go back to my first post on this blog. I didn't know what to write and I didn't plan what I would write. I just wanted to start the blog. The result is the post you can find here. I have added a line or two to it since I first posted it, but the post came from my head and my heart without planning. Every word, every line, every paragraph flowed freely and I felt good about the result.

If you want to start a blog, or write a book or a poem, just write. You can embellish or cut and paste later. Don't let thoughts about "I can't do it" or perfection stop you from writing.

I rarely preplan my posts for this blog. Often, I write then revise later. Regarding my books, I've only written a plot for one book I'm working on, for the others, I let my thoughts, memory or journal posts take control of my pen (computer) and I organize my sentences or paragraphs later. You can do that, too. Just write. One word grows to two words and two words lead to three words. Just try that.

Update:
"i think i know why i write," my first post here, is now the most widely read post on this blog. I don't know why, but as I mentioned above, I wrote it without a plan.

Just write!