Thursday, February 19, 2015

Why My Mama is a Grouch and More -

Click to BuyThat Baby Woke Me Up, Again! gives a realistic account of an older sister who reveals her frustration about her brother, the “noisy baby,” down the hall. He awakes her from dreams and he awakes all the members of the house with his cries. Author, Sherry Ellis, tells a wonderful story using rhyme and beautifully designed illustrations (by Don Berry) showing exactly how the characters feel, and a tone that helps you to understand the narrator, the parents, and the “noisy baby.”
This book is one that every parent, especially those who have younger children, should have. It is an excellent teaching tool for mothers-to-be, new mothers, and children who have a new addition/baby in their homes. If you take the book another step, it could help us understand an ailing child or having a sick person in our homes. 
Lesson: The situation will not last forever—that is one of the main messages.

Click to Buy


That Mama is a Grouch
I bought That Mama is a Grouch for my sister because she has young children, and they are expressive, saying exactly what they have on their minds. My sister, a teacher, likes to help her children to understand what they have read, and this book is one that helps parents and children to communicate better. Why is Mama a grouch in the child’s eyes?

This story teaches how children behave, how they feel, and how they perceive their parents, but most importantly, the story teaches children to be more responsible. Caretakers, nannies and early childhood educators should have this book in their book collection.






You can find Sherry Ellis by clicking on her blog link called Mama Diaries, and if you'd like to purchase the books for yourself or as gifts to others, click this link Amazon. 

26 comments:

  1. Both sound nice, especially Id like to read the second one, she seems a real good writer. Kisses Peaches! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent writing.

      Check this out: "That Mama is a Grouch, was honored as a finalist in both the 2010 USA Book News Awards, and the 2011 International Book Awards. It also was awarded first place in the parenting category of the 2011 Pinnacle Book Awards and was the recipient of the silver award in the 2013 Mom's Choice Awards."

      You can see why it is so good.

      Delete
  2. They are great books for kids indeed

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both sound like wonderful books, I love the titles and images. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both sound like wonderful books, I love the titles and images. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting books and the kids will be smiling:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must check on these books being I am a grandmother now to a 3 year old.
    I am especially interested in "That Mama is a Grouch" I am quite sure I shall be buying it and give it to my daughter after I read it.

    Have a great weekend ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kid you not, Sherry can write. Check out the awards for That Mama is a Grouch.

      "That Mama is a Grouch, was honored as a finalist in both the 2010 USA Book News Awards, and the 2011 International Book Awards. It also was awarded first place in the parenting category of the 2011 Pinnacle Book Awards and was the recipient of the silver award in the 2013 Mom's Choice Awards."

      Delete
  7. I've got to get That Mama is a Grouch. I actually had my grandniece, Jossie, tell me the other day, mama is a grouch today. You need to make her laugh and make my day better. She's such a little drama queen and very expressive both physically with gestures and facial expressions. I think this would be a great one for her and her little sister, Nikki-Raine.

    Sia McKye Over Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, Peaches! Those are both great reviews! I really appreciate that you took the time to post these on your blog. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read both books a while ago and loved both equally. I wanted to suprise.

      Delete
  9. I do think you should list the awards for That Mama is a Grouch on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yep, were a frequent visitor of Sherry's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both books look absolutely charming!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh I love Sherry!! She's one of my favorite blogging buddies :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for Sherry! They look like wonderful books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello greetings.

    Excellent books review. Both books are very interesting. All parents should have these books to understand their kids and bring them up as wonderful human beings.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both sound like great picture books. And I love the covers. Congrats to Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look/sound like great books for kids! Rah for Sherry!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both sweet covers and lovely concepts. Yay for Sherry!

    ReplyDelete